- They are very strong. In fact if the spine were to be put under large compressive load the bones (vertebra) would buckle before the disc does.
- There is no such thing as a “slipped disc.” They can bulge, leak and break up but don’t slip
- The pressure in your discs is ten times more when sitting compared to that when standing. That is why it is common for people with back pain due to a disc injury to say it is worse when sitting.
- They swell overnight causing you to be taller in the morning. The difference can be as much as 2cm! It is a reason why the pain in your back can be worse in the morning and also a reason why you can be more likely to injure your back in the morning.
- Chiropractors can treat pain coming from a disc. Discs have been shown to be one of the most common reasons for back pain and will very often respond well to chiropractic treatment.
If you are suffering from back pain book an appointment with our Chiropractor to find out what is causing the pain and find out if the treatment we give may be able to help.